3M Steri-Strip Elastic Skin Closures are sterile, flexible skin closure strips that are made of a porous, non-woven elastic backing coated with a hypoallergenic adhesive.
An easy to use, flexible skin closure strip that may help reduce risk for infection as compared to sutures and staples due to its non-invasive design.
- Stretches with patients– Conformable, flexible material stretches with body movement
- Ideal for highly contoured areas or where edema is expected
- Helps improve cosmetic outcomes - Non-invasive, sterile design helps improve cosmetic outcomes, compared to sutures and staples, with less tissue trauma
- Can save money - A low cost alternative to skin adhesives, sutures or staples
- Easy on patients - Soft, nonwoven backing and breathability enhance patient comfort
- Adhesive is hypoallergenic
- Easy to apply - Fast application
- Steri-Strip Elastic Skin Closures are ideal for highly contoured areas, where musculoskeletal movement or edema is expected.
- Available without a prescription
- Easy to use
- Less pain than Stitches and Staples
- Less Scarring than Stitches
- Faster than Stitches
- Avoid cost of Stitches or Staples
- Rapid and effective wound closure
- Small and easy to transport
- Great addition to first aid kits