The OxyHood was developed to deliver oxygen in a less restrictive and stressful environment. The Oxy Hood uses the conventional cone shape of an Elizabethan collar and adds a clear plastic "lid" over the end. Numerous vent holes throughout the cone allows the excess gas to vent. Oxygen is provided to the Oxy Hood via a nasal cannula attached to the hood. The oxygen source uses a bubble humidifier to prevent drying of the respiratory tract.
- Collar is sewn to nylon fabric with a drawstring, plus velcro attachment allows for proper neck sizing
- Lid, or face of unit is attached with zipper
- Clear plastic material is used throughout for better observation and for the animal to see clearly
- Four sets of die cut holes allow ventilation of carbon dioxide and to maintain the oxygen level at more than 60%
- Very small animals can be placed totally in the larger Oxy Hood like an oxygen tent
- Complete with humidifier, oxygen nasal cannula, and oxygen tubing