All needles come in different gauge sizes. The higher the gauge number, the smaller diameter needle. When using a higher gauge needle, patients experiences less pain and bruising.
While the lower the gauge number, the larger the diameter needle. Lower gauge needles are stronger and have less chance of breaking or bending.
- Intramedial injections recommend needle gauges of 25-27.
- Subcutaneous injections recommend needle gauges of 19-27.
- Intramuscular injections recommend needle gauges of 25-27.
When choosing needle length, it is important to know the deeper the injection, the longer the needle required. When using a shorter needle length, patients experience less pain and bruising.
Needle Length and Type of InjectionAvailable Needle Lengths: 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1¼", 1½", 2", 2½", 3½"
- Intramedial injections recommend needle lengths of 3/8" , 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4".
- Subcutaneous injections recommend needle lengths of 1/2" and 5/8".
- Intramuscular injections recommend needle lengths of 7/8", 1", 1¼" and 1½".
NY, CT, IL, NJ, NH, DE and MN restrict the sale of syringes and needles only to licensed professionals and entities. By purchasing through our website, you acknowledge you are over 18 years of age. We cannot sell syringes and needles in Canada. If you live in one of the above restricted states, please provide a copy of your state medical license so we can ship your item. If you have not already done so, please fax a copy to 888-415-1825 or email to LICENSE@shopmedvet.com. Failure to submit appropriate documentation may delay processing of your order.