All needles come in different gauge sizes. The higher the gauge number, the smaller diameter needle. When using a higher gauge needle, patients experiences less pain and bruising.
While the lower the gauge number, the larger the diameter needle. Lower gauge needles are stronger and have less chance of breaking or bending.
- Intramedial injections recommend needle gauges of 25-27.
- Subcutaneous injections recommend needle gauges of 19-27.
- Intramuscular injections recommend needle gauges of 25-27.
When choosing needle length, it is important to know the deeper the injection, the longer the needle required. When using a shorter needle length, patients experience less pain and bruising.
Needle Length and Type of InjectionAvailable Needle Lengths: 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1¼", 1½", 2", 2½", 3½"
- Intramedial injections recommend needle lengths of 3/8" , 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4".
- Subcutaneous injections recommend needle lengths of 1/2" and 5/8".
- Intramuscular injections recommend needle lengths of 7/8", 1", 1¼" and 1½".
The states of CT, DE, IL, MN, NH, NJ, NY, and RI restrict the sale of syringes and needles to licensed professionals and entities. We cannot sell syringes and needles to California and the Virgin Islands. Please provide a copy of your state medical license so that we can ship your item. If you have not already done so, please fax a copy to 888-415-1825 or email LICENSE@shopmedvet.com. Failure to submit appropriate documentation may delay the processing of your order.